Learn Classic Assessment Techniques For
Neck, Shoulder, Elbow
Each Section Is Divided Into:
Tests / Special Tests
Active, Passive Range-Of-Motion (ROM)
Nerve Conduction, Strength Tests
Spinal Facet Joint Assessment
Knee Meniscus Assessment
109 Tests Total.
3D Structural Animations.
Logical Progression Of Testing Reveals The Underlying Pathology.
Learn What Questions To Ask & What The Answers Indicate.
Each Assessment Is Clearly Demonstrated And Explained.
Quickly Apply The Techniques To Your Practice.
Format DVD - Region: 0, Worldwide. Run Time: 2 Hours.
Learn classic assessment techniques for the neck, shoulder and elbow. Lavishly produced and filled with beautiful 3-D animations that show exactly which structures are involved. Alan will walk you through a logical progression of testing that will reveal the underlying pathology with crystal clarity.
Each section is divided into Subjective Assessment, Observation, Tests, Special Tests and Palpation. This includes tests such as passive range-of-motion, active range-of-motion, strength tests, nerve conduction tests, neck facet joint assessment, impingement tests for the rotator cuff, ligament tests and more. 109 total! You will also learn which questions to ask, and exactly what the answers indicate. Each assessment is clearly demonstrated and explained, so you can quickly apply the techniques to your practice. Expand your assessment knowledge with this encyclopedic resource.
Alan Edmundson entered the physical therapy field as a registered physical therapist in 1984 after graduating from Los Angeles Children's Hospital School of Physical Therapy, affiliated with the the University of Southern California. Alan joined Alta Orthopaedics in April of 2005 after 15 years of ownership of his Santa Barbara private practice, Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy.
During his first five years in practice at St. Francis Hospital Alan worked with both in and out patients. As the owner of Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy he specialized in outpatient orthopaedics and had the opportunity to treat athletes from UCSB and Westmont colleges, all of the local high schools and semiprofessional and club teams. Alan has taught kinesiology at UCSB and lectured at professional conferences.
With over 20 years in practice, Alan utilizes a variety of treatment approaches as dictated by the patient's problem and needs. Manual therapies, exercise and self care are the primary treatment consideration. Alta's physical therapy department provides the latest equipment for patient care and a positive rehab environment.
1. Introduction to Orthopedic Assessment - This lesson describes the theory behind the assessment techniques, and what exactly certain symptom indicate. He discusses general evaluation techniques and introduces basic tests
2. Shoulder Subjective - In this lesson discusses how to talk to the client about their experience of their shoulder. He discusses signs of rotator cuff impingement, bicipital inflammation and anterior instability, as well as talking to the client about dislocations, scars, medication, pain at night, or pain that is traveling (into the neck or down the arm) for possible nerve issues.
3. Shoulder Observation - During the objective section of shoulder evaluation, Alan demonstrates how to evaluate shoulder height, trapezius muscularity comparison, ACL step off, deltoid muscular comparison, shoulder anterior-posterior position, infraspinatus muscularity comparison, rhomboid tension comparison, and ROM for forward flexion, abduction, external rotation, internal rotation and shoulder girdle ROM for all motions.
4. Shoulder Tests - This lesson demonstrates strength testing for forward flexion, external rotation, internal rotation, abduction and the deltoid sensory nerve test.
5. Shoulder Special Tests - This lesson covers special testing including the empty can test, crank test, biceps tendon test, passive movement in forward flexion, rotation, and abduction. Alan also covers the impingement test, hawkin’s maneuver, distraction test, relocation test, global stability test, radial nerve test and median nerve test.
6. Shoulder Palpation - Alan shows how to palpate the clavicle, acromioclavicular joint, coracoid process, the joint line and subacromial bursa, biceps tendon, deltoid muscle, posterior rotator cuff muscles, supraspinatus tendon.
7. Neck Subjective - This lesson demonstrates how to evaluate the neck by looking at shoulder position, lateral tilt, lateral shift, head forward, active flexion, active rotation, side bending, shoulder elevation, shoulder flexion and TMJ range of motion.
8. Neck Tests - This lesson demonstrates strength testing for flexion, extension, side bending, and rotation, as well how how to grade for strength. Alan also shows how to perform strength testing for scapular elevation and flexion as well as TMJ strength.
9. Neck Special Tests - This lesson shows how to perform the quadrant test, the distraction test, the compression test, adson’s test, reflex testing, neurological strength testing, sensory nerve signs and the vertebral artery test. He also discusses various dermatomes and which vertebrae they relate to.
10. Neck Palpation - This lesson demonstrates how to use palpation to discover issues in the posterior musculature, scalenes, SCM, subboccipitals, TMJ, facet joints, atlas, axis, and the atlanto-occipital joint. He also shows techniques to free facet joint restriction.
About Real Bodywork
Sean Riehl, who founded Real Bodywork over 20 years ago, has taught massage nationally, presented at the AMTA California conference, written multiple articles appearing in Massage Magazine and the Biotone Newsletter, as well as being the author of a number of videos on massage.
Quality Massage & Spa Products From Trusted Brand Names. Tables (Portable, Lift, Stationary), Chairs, Oil, Lotion, Cream, Gel, Essential Oils & Aromatherapy, Pain Relief. Equipment, Tools, Accessories, Supplies. Affordable Prices. Excellent Customer Service.
Find Every Thing You Need.
Trusted Since 2003
22 Meridian Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
© 2023, MassageStore Tecnología de Shopify